The latest issue of Australian Foreign Affairs examines Australia’s struggle to define its place in Asia as it balances its historic ties to the West with its geography.
Are We Asian Yet? explores Australia’s changing population, outlook and identity as it adjusts to the Asian Century.
- David Walker: ‘Great Australian divide: The Western outpost faces the Asian century’
- Linda Jaivin: ‘As China rises, can its culture conquer the world?’
- ‘The view from Asia: Can Australia be one of us?’
- ‘Migrant flows: The new Australians and the nation’s changing identity’
- Six feature reviews by journalists
- Correspondence on AFA4: Defending Australia