Why use toxic chemicals to clean your home when lemon juice, vinegar, eucalyptus oil and bicarb soda are equally effective - and much cheaper!
Now in a new revised and expanded edition, Robin Stewart's Chemical Free Home provides simple, effective and chemical-free alternatives for creating a healthier home environment. Most of the products that Robin recommends are so safe you can and do eat them - olive oil, salt, vinegar, bicarb soda, honey and cloves.
The household procedures are extremely easy to follow, economical and environmentally-friendly. Everyone is affected by chemicals to some degree. Everyone benefits by reducing their use.
Tips for a sparkling clean modern home include:
- Robin's favourite polish for timber and leather is simply equal parts olive oil and vinegar.
- Copper-based saucepans shine brilliantly after a rub with half a lemon dipped in salt.
- Carpet stains come away easily using a combination of soda water and bicarb soda.
- Wash windows using vinegar and very hot water to produce a clean, streak-free surface.
- Brushing with bicarb soda on a moist toothbrush will keep teeth clean and free of plaque.