The fourth issue of Australian Foreign Affairs examines the challenge of defending Australia at a time of regional uncertainty and fast-changing military technology. It explores the nation’s main vulnerabilities and the capabilities needed to secure against them, including the consequences of a nuclear arms race in Asia.
Australian Foreign Affairs is a new periodical brought to you by the publishers of Black Inc. and Quarterly Essay. It is published three times a year, in February, July and October. It seeks to explore – and encourage – debate on Australia’s place in the world and global outlook.
- The next war: How to attack Australia and how to defend it
- An army of spies: A probe into Australia’s expanding intelligence agencies
- Should Australia go nuclear? Preparing for an Asian arms race
- Weapons of choice: What does Australia have and what does it need?
- Six book reviews
- Correspondence on issue 3, including responses from authors
- AND MUCH MORE