Reporting to the Head of Production, this role supports our production and marketing staff with typesetting and design duties. The typesetter/designer works across imprints and companies, including Black Inc., Nero, Quarterly Essay and The Monthly.
The perfect candidate will be a swift and accurate typesetter. This role is part-time, 4 days (30 hours) per week.
- Page design and typesetting on a range of book projects
- Picture section design and layout
- Design of print and online ads, as well as other marketing material such as samplers, education materials, banners, bags, flyers and brochures
- Preparation of final print files for ebook conversion
- Print-on-demand file preparation (resizing/reworking covers, colour-grading)
- Occasional cover design on select book projects
Qualifications and/or experience required:
- Experience and knowledge of design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat)
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
Closing date for applications is July 24 2017. Send applications to [email protected]