Black Inc. is seeking an experienced editor to join its busy publishing team. The successful candidate will work across the Black Inc. and La Trobe University Press imprints, editing and project-managing a range of titles. At least two years’ experience in a similar role will be highly regarded, as will a demonstrated interest in academic and trade nonfiction.
As editor, you will be responsible for project-managing all aspects of a book’s journey from manuscript to finished copies. You’ll be skilled and experienced in:
- manuscript development and project management
- copyediting, fact-checking and proofreading
- writing sales and marketing copy
- briefing covers and working with designers
- briefing freelancers (including illustrators, proofreaders and indexers).
To request a position description, email [email protected]
Company: Black Inc.
Work type: Full time
Start date: April 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV by COB Friday, 19th March.