Policies & Guidelines
Social media and online community guidelines
Black Inc. and its imprints have a number of online and social media channels where we encourage you to share your stories, knowledge and feedback with us.
It is important that our online environments are places that are safe, respectful and constructive. We have created a set of community guidelines that govern all individual behaviour across all of our social media and online communities and ask that all participants follow these guidelines.
- Be respectful of others and their opinions and refrain from behaviour which is offensive or discriminatory. This includes the use of language which is likely to offend, and views that are abusive, homophobic, defamatory, libellous, hateful, obscene, inflammatory, sexist or racist.
- Do not harass, bully or intimidate others or make personal attacks.
- Do not post off-topic or repetitive comments.
- No SPAM – do not post or repost information or links to advertisements, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered to have a commercial motivation.
- Do not reveal any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others. We may ask to take a conversation offline if it is of a sensitive nature.
- Do not post anything which infringes any law, third-party intellectual property rights or any other contractual or proprietary rights of a third party.
- Do not describe or promote unlawful activities or conduct, or activities which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others.
- In addition to our own requirements, be sure to observe the policies of the specific social media channels that you are using – including the rules of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube.
We reserve the right to delete inappropriate activity and to ban any community member who consistently demonstrates this type of behaviour.
We may respond to comments and reviews at our discretion.
While every effort is made to ensure that the content posted by us on our online and social channels is current and accurate, we accept no liability for the accuracy, completeness or currency of that information and disclaim all liability to any person in relation to, or, in the use of, the information or data. Comments and posts made by members of our online communities are the views of those individuals only and do not reflect the views or opinions of Black Inc. Links to external sites are beyond our control. It is the user's responsibility to judge the accuracy and reliability of the information therein.
Free Book Fridays: Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for this competition form part of the conditions of entry.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of this competition are governed by the laws of the state of Victoria.
- The competition is being run by Black Inc., Level 1, 221 Drummond Street, Carlton VIC 3053.
- The Free Book Fridays competition (‘the competition’) commences upon the first public announcement of the competition.
- The competition may be announced through Black Inc. eNews, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Youtube.
- The closing time for entering the competition is 9am AEST four (4) days after the first public announcement of the competition.
- Entry to the competition is limited to residents of Australia.
- Entry to the competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- Staff employed by Black Inc. and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The prize will be stated in the public announcement.
- There will be one (1) draw four (4) days after the first public announcement at the Black Inc. office. The draw will be by random selection from all eligible entries received with the first entry drawn being the prize winner.
- The prize winner will be contacted within three (3) days of the draw via the channel used to submit the entry.
- If the prize winner does not respond to claim the prize within seven (7) days of contact, a re-draw will be conducted within fourteen (14) days of the original draw date, in the same location, and with the same method. Redraws will continue in the same manner until the prize has been claimed.
- If the prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize may be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- The prize may be collected in person by the prize winner or parent/legal guardian or may be mailed/couriered.
- If a prize winner who has been contacted and been made aware of their prize winning, and has agreed to collect the prize or for which collection is the only method for receiving the prize, does not collect the prize within fourteen (14) days of this contact, a re-draw will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the original draw date, in the same location, and with the same method.
- The prize winner, or if under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian, may be required to provide evidence of their identity (such as photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport) when receiving the prize.
- The prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using the prize.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years, of if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize.
- The prize is not transferable.
- Black Inc. is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
- Black Inc. accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
- Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Entrants are required to abide by the terms and conditions as presented.
- Black Inc.’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.